In this tour we will visit south regions of Azerbaijan, 281 km away from Baku. Lankaran & Lerik locate on the coast of the Caspian Sea are like the Forgotten Paradise. Nature of the region is miraculous – sandy beaches, thermal sulphide, chloride, sodium-calcium waters of Andjin mineral springs, high mountain tops, fertile lowlands. It has rich flora & fauna. More than 50 kinds of plants, 30 species of fish and more than 220 kinds of birds are preserved in the Reserves and National Parks. Comfortable Transportation and Professional Tour Guide are include to the tour package. Entance Fees and Lunch are exclude. Tour will start at 09:00 AM and end at 21:00 PM.
Tour Itinerary :
- Lankaran- Southestern paradise of Azerbaijan , is also well known for Parrotia persica / ironwood and the Persian leopard -subspecies of the leopard , lives in the area of national park,in Lankaran. There are remains of human settlements in Lankaran dating back to the Neolithic period.
- We will visit Khan House in the center of Lankaran.It was built in 1013 by the order of MirAhmedKhan who was from Lankaran Khans` dynasty. The Khan House combine Azerbaijani and Europen trditional architectural features. Right now, it functions as the History and Ethnography Museum.
- Circular Castle was built in 1747 for the defense of the city. But after the occupation of reion by Russians in 19th century , fortress turned to a dungeon and prison till 1970.One of its prisoners before the socialist revolution was J. Stalin, known here as Koba.
- We wil go to popular lemon plantations in the Lankaran and will watch even try how pick them.
- Another blessinng of Lankaran is a deicious healthy Tea. We will visit Tea Plantation and Factory and will learn how pick the tea and taste this delicous tea.
- We will continue our tour with the long-livings` city Lerik. It is known for myths of human longevity; a man named Shirali Baba Muslimov, born in the village of Barzavu, who was reported by the Guinness Book of Records to have been aged 168 when he died, and have lived between 1805 and 1973.
- We will visit Museum of Longevity- unique museum in the world. The exhibits include a portraits of centenarians, a number of items associated with them, books etc. This museum is about long and happy lives.
- We will also visit local home for the lunch depends on choise, for seeing how local houses are , and tasting local cuisine – Lavangi.